Concert Tracker

Jam out with your parents, friends at these concerts in Syracuse

Sarah Lee | Daily Orange File Photo

Student bands and established artists round out the music scene this weekend in and around Syracuse.

To support student journalism and the content you love, become a member of The Daily Orange today.

Max & Iggor Cavalera
Rock out to heavy metal band Max & Iggor Cavalera at the Westcott Theater on Thursday. The brothers, who were former members of the band SEPULTURA, split off on their own and are currently pursuing their own career as a rock duo. The brothers come to Syracuse as a part of their “Return Beneath Arise Tour” and will perform new music and songs from their SEPULTURA days, such as “Beneath the Remains.” All ages are welcome to attend.

When: Thursday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m.
Price: $43.75

Eggy
Connecticut band Eggy will take the stage at Funk n’ Waffles this Saturday. The band is composed of four friends, Dani Battat, Jake Brownstein, Alex Bailey and Michael Goodman, who play feel-good music that is family-friendly and brings people together, according to their website. Tickets are general admission and audience members must be 18+ to be granted entry. Patrons who do not present an ID will be denied entry to the event. Doors open at 7 p.m.

When: Saturday, Oct. 15 at 8 p.m.
Price: $15.13, general admission

The Gritty Jawns
Check out The Gritty Jawns ahead of the SU vs. NC State game this Saturday. The band is comprised of students Chris Totoro, Afton Serviss, Dan Cohen, Jared Rowland and Nick Beebower. The concert is free of charge and the address is available via The Gritty Jawns Instagram page upon direct message.

When: Saturday, Oct. 15 at 12:30 p.m.
Price: Free

Charlie Burg
Indie singer-songwriter Charlie Burg brings his “Infinitely Tall” tour to the Westcott Theater this weekend, Saturday. Since the release of his first mixtape, “Blue Wave Mosaic” in 2015, Burg’s popularity in the alternative music scene has grown considerably, as he is now embarking on an international tour. The concert begins at 8 p.m. with doors opening at 7 p.m. and will feature performances by Genevieve Stokes and Froggies.

When: Saturday, Oct. 15 at 8 p.m.
Price: $25.90 advance sale, VIP package $64.75

Trey Lewis
Up for a bit of a drive? Country singer Trey Lewis will perform at Kegs Canalside in Jordan, NY, about a 30-minute drive from the SU campus, on Saturday. Lewis will be performing new releases from two of his albums “Dicked Down In Dallas” and “Single Again,” both of which have garnered fame in the country music scene including a No.1 all-genre iTunes sale chart single, “Dicked Down In Dallas.” All attendees must be over 18 and present a valid ID upon entry to the show.

When: Saturday, Oct. 15, doors at 6 p.m.
Price: $25