Concert Tracker

Enjoy the start of October with these 5 concerts

Daily Orange file photo

This week’s concerts feature an assortment of performers, such as a Grateful Dead cover band, led by a 2022 GRAMMY winner.

To support student journalism and the content you love, become a member of The Daily Orange today.

Froggies and Being St. Jimmy
Rock out with student cover band, Being St. Jimmy, as they cover the smash hit Green Day album “American Idiot” at Redgate. The album, which is a “punk-rock opera,” has various characters including the antagonist, St. Jimmy, the band’s namesake. Fellow student band Froggies will join them as well. Tickets can be bought via the Redgate Instagram.

When: Saturday, Oct. 8 at 10 p.m.
Price: $5 presale, $8 at the door

Mnemonic Advice at the Harrington
Catch another house show this weekend at the Harrington, featuring Mnemonic Advice as the headliner. Other performers will include Saint Luke and The Gritty Jawns. Doors at the Harrington open at 9, with musical performances beginning at 9:30. Tickets are available for purchase on the Harrington Instagram page.

When: Friday, Oct. 7 at 9:30 p.m.
Price: $5 presale, $7 at the door

Brownskin Band
Looking for a cheaper concert option? The Brownskin Band will perform a free concert at Salt City Market. During their set, Salt City Market will also offer a $7-$5 happy hour special at the bar and hold a Market Money giveaway. Grab a drink and a bite to eat at one of the numerous food stalls and enjoy the musical performance, free of charge.

When: Thursday, Oct. 6 from 7-9 p.m.
Price: Free

Bear Grillz
EDM DJ Bear Grillz will take the stage at the Westcott Theater this Thursday as a part of their “Prismata” national tour. The concert will also feature performances by Oddprophet, Og Nixin and Muerte. Audience members of all ages are welcome.

When: Thursday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m., doors at 7 p.m.
Price: Starting at $31.90, advance sale $38.50

Dead to the Core
Are you an avid Grateful Dead fan? Folkus presents acoustic Grateful Dead tribute band, Dead to the Core at the May Memorial Unitarian Universalist Society in Syracuse. The band is led by Jefferson Jamer, who received a Grammy nomination for his guitar and vocals on Sarah Jarosz’s Blue Heron Suite, and features a collective of singer-songwriters who love the music of the Grateful Dead. Tickets are available for purchase online but won’t be available after noon on the day of the show.

When: Friday, Oct. 7 at 8 p.m., doors at 7:30 p.m.
Price: Starting at $15